Wednesday, June 13, 2012

EOTD: Color Blocking


                                                                                                

    Hey ladies!

        I normal don’t were a lot of color on my eyes so I figured today I’d do a little experimenting with color today since I’m not doing anything. One of my favorite trend for the spring/ summer is color blocking. I’ve seen few people do it with their clothing, but not so many women wear their eye shadows color blocked! I know that this look is a little out there with all the bright color, but I really like the look. Tell what you all think !
    Brushes used:
    ♡ Elf essential shader brush
    ♡Elf essentials concealer brush
    ♡Elf Essential Angled
    ♡Sigma E30 pencil
    ♡Sigma E40 taped blending
    ♡ Sigma E65 small angled
    ♡ Ecotools smudge brush
    ♡Ecotools highlight brush
    ♡Gabriella lip brush
    ♡ no name spool brush
    Products used:
    ♡Bh cosmetics 120 1st edition palette
    ♡ Coastal Scents Camouflage Concealer palette
    ♡ Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara in black
    ♡NYX jumbo pencil in milk
    ♡ ruby kisses liquid liner in shiny black
    ♡Maybelline pressed mineral powder in dark 2
    ♡NYX eyeshadow Dark brown
    Procedures:
    ♡ Before starting on the eye make up I filled in my brows with a dark brown eye shadow using the E65. Then I applied a concealer two shades lighter than my complexion under my brow bone as a highlight.
    ♡Next I applied a white base to my eye lid and lower lash line blending it into my brow bone highlight to create an even canvas using my fingers.
    ♡ With a shader brush I packed a teal blue color onto my lid not going past my crease area.
    ♡Then using an angled shader brush I applied violet color into my crease area. When applying this color you want to apply the color in a j like shape dragging the color slightly into the bridge of you nose. You should have a small gap in between the crease and tear duct area.
    ♡using the lip bush I applied an off white color with golden shimmer to the brow bone. Then with the crease brush I blended the highlight with the crease color to get rid of any harsh lines.
    ♡ next using the pencil brush I applied a deep plum color into my outer V and swept the color into my eye crease. Then using the same pencil brush I applied a matte black into my outer v to smoke out the look also applying it half way into my lower lash line.
    ♡next with my smudge brush I took a forest green color and applied it into the area I left open near my tear duct. I also carried the half into my lash line. Then cleaning the brush applied a bright yellow into the center blending the colors together.
    ♡after the look was finish a took my small concealer brush and cleaned up the edges of the shadow with a concealer that was my skin tone.
    ♡then to finish the look I add liner and mascara.
    Beauty Questions!
    1. What do you guys think of this EOTD?
    2. Would you recreate this look?
    Comment, Rate/like, &&FollowMe
    Kisses :-*
    -Destiny


    Note: pictures are mine don't steal them. post also located on luuux!

No comments:

Post a Comment