Thursday, September 26, 2013

Riri Hearts Mac (Fall) Lipstick Review





Rihanna's fall lipsticks have been released early at my local pro store and I was able to try every thing!  I swear that I've been anxiously waiting for these lipstick to come out since this past summer, and I'm glad that they're here now. Unlike the summer collection these fall lippies came in three different finishes, so if you weren't a fan of the all retro matte line you still had an option between a frost or matte finish. Youtube Review Here

Rihanna was giving a full line of product in this collection, but I only opted for the lipsticks mainly because I felt that the shadow and face product weren't WOC friendly.

TALK That Talk 

So I'll start off by saying that Talk That Talk is my favorite color in this collection. Although I said in my last post that I wouldn't be getting anymore red lipsticks I knew the moment I saw this color that I had to have it. This color honestly is to die for it's such a deep blood tone vampy red and a must have for the fall. Even though this lipstick is a retro matte lipstick I feel that this lipstick for some odd reason this lipstick is way more drying on my lips than all the other retro mattes that I own, so if you're familiar with the RM finish keep that in mind.

 

 Dupe: If you're unable to get Talk That Talk then you can try Fixed on Drama also by MAC both are retro matte but I feel like FOD isn't as drying. Honestly had I noticed that both colors where the same before I purchased them I would have passed  on the entire collection.

Talk That Talk (Top)
                                      Fixed on Drama (Bottom)

 


 ♡ Who's That Chick
Who's that chick is a shimmery frost tangerine orange lipstick. This honestly is the color that I dislike rhe most out of all of the riri lipstick. The first thing I noticed about this lipstick is that it reminded me so much of the 90's when WOC use to wear frosty copper and gold toned lipsticks which is so not my style. Who's That Chick is the first frost finish lipstick that I've ever tried and I think that it will be my last. I really wasn't a fan of all of the glitter that the lipstick had plus I felt that the product moved too much on my lips making the application look patchy and shear.  


Dupe: If you don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this Who's That Chick then you should try Temptation Tentation by Cover Girl the colors are a dead match at half the price!

Who's that Chick (TOP)
Temptation Tentation (Bottom)








♡ Nude
Nude is a lipstick that I'll probably have to work with as you can see I'm not wearing a lip liner with this lipstick and it is very contrasting against my skin. Nude a taupe ash brown matte lipstick that I feel can compliment any skin tone with the right liner. When I first saw this lipstick I didn't think that I would like it I figured that it'd look very milky on me which I was right about. I think that with the proper lip liner I'd like this lipstick better.






For the most part this collection was everything that I expected. I'll be honest and say that I knew that when the first pictures of the collections were released that I wasn't going to like it as much as I did the lipsticks from the summer collection. The colors where exactly what I anticipated them to be, so I'm happy that I only got Talked That Talk although it was slight disappointment for me. Luckily I got a chance to try them all just to give the a try.


Riri Woo Lip Glass

This has to be the best lip glass that I've ever tried. I'm so obsessed with the color pay off from this gloss it's so pigmented I'd wear it without a lipstick.  Not only does this lip glass have amazing color pay off, but it's also is long lasting. When I first tried it on I tested to see how long the color would last and to my super it stay nicely in place for a couple of hours w/o fading away.



No comments:

Post a Comment