Friday, February 7, 2014

The Red Bullet, Viva Glam Rihanna


I've been putting of the review for this lippie for over a month now so since  I've finally gotten some free time I figured I'll go ahead and get my thoughts out for these beauties. Okay so I'll start this review off by saying some positive. This lipstick and gloss is absolutely gorgeous, but I'll be honest and say it's not for me.

I love the pigmentation of the lipstick and gloss it's very thick and creamy as well as long lasting.
The Lipstick has a creamy satin finish and the product just glides smoothly on my lips. The lip glass is to die for it's a lovely warm tone orange red with golden reflex glitter which and is definitely wearable buy itself because it's highly pigmented alone. 

What I love the most about this lipstick is the beautiful velvet red packaging once again MAC has out done themselves with great packaging for the Rihanna collection.  Everything is a plus the only down side for me is that this isn't the shade of red that I tend to go for. I'm just simply not a fan of orange tone reds. I think they're gorgeous but just not very flattering on me. When I first got the lipstick I was slightly disappointed with it especially since I haven't been wearing too much make up these past few months.






I was really looking for something to get me out of my make up rut and Viva Riri didn't really do much for me at the time. After my first try with her I really didn't give her a second chance. Today I felt like wearing a little make up and I decided to give Riri another try. In the last few weeks my perception of  the red bullet has definitely changed. Now I'm not so apprehensive of wearing her I prefer wearing both the lipstick and gloss together and I don't really see myself wearing them separately.

I think the two go hand in hand the creamy consistency of the lipstick tends to settle into the contours of my lips. Normally I would find that look unattractive, but when applied with the lipglass it gives my lips this patent leather appearance that I like. Out of all my Viva Glam lipstick Rihanna's is my favorite and I think that she just might be my summer go to red.





No comments:

Post a Comment