Thursday, April 17, 2014

ConCave BOB

As some of you know I went to Cosmetology school almost a year ago. although I haven't really began to pro-sue my career in he hair industry I still love to experiment with my look using new hairstyles aside from wearing store bought wigs. I wanted to experiment with an older look that I use to wear a few years before I went to Cosmo School. When I was in high school one of my favorite styles was the Bob cut I loved how inexpensive and easy the look was at the time when I was creating that look I was using the Outre Premium Duby hair w/ Closures the look cost under twenty dollars along with the purchase of a sewing cap, needles and threads.

This time round I used a slightly different method for this look I used


LoTemp Glue Gun
Adjustable Strap Mesh
Velvet Remi Duby w/ Closure
    color #4
Model Model Pose Yaky Hair
     10 inches
     color #4

The only differences in the way I created this look is that I used the glue gun normally I would sew my human hair wigs which is what I recommend but I got lazy and decide to try the glue method that I've seen so many bloggers use in the past.




For the construction of this wig I basically used my remi bob hair for the back portion and added my longer hair into the front. After I finished constructing the wig I began to cut a normal medium stack bob w/ longer lengths.

Overall the process and cut came out really good I ran into my problems because of the manikin I used. I based everything to the shape of the manikin instead of customizing my wig to my head which is bigger. This caused my cut to be a high stack bob instead of medium/low which also made my length shorter than preferred and the wig was a little smaller than expected because of the glue gun constricted it. Although this wig was kind of a fail I managed work it out.

Next time around I know use a manikin that's more accurate to my head shape!


                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment