Friday, September 13, 2013

Retro Matte Lipsticks: Fixed on Drama and All Fired up

I think I'm official obsessed with retro matte lipsticks now! As you've seen in previous posts I completely died over the riri hearts mac collection lippies and part of that obsession was because of the longevity that the lipsticks had. I own dozens of lipsticks from different brands with different finishes as well, but nothing compares to the retro matte finish in my opinion. Since I've started building my make up collection I've constantly searched for lipsticks that had the perfect texture for my lips. I've always loved a bold lip color but I'm also very low maintenance when it comes to my make up meaning that I don't  like to constantly reapply everything throughout the day.  Because the retro matte lipsticks have a drier formulation than your average matte lipstick they last all day for me without having to touch up, which is something that I love. Even though these lipsticks last a very long time they can become extremely drying on the lips as the day progresses, so to counter act that I make sure to have my lips well moisturized with my sugar scrub lip balm prior use.

Luckly I was able to get two lipstick from the first release usually I'm only aloud one lipstick per collection but I was having a hard time deciding on which lipstick, so my mom gave in and let me get both. THANKS MOMMY :)

hopefully she'll get me the others once the hype of them dies down or I'll get them once I get a job lol! which ever comes first.

Fixed on Drama was the first lipstick of choice when I looked at swatch previews I instantly fell in love with the color. I had been wanting a deep dark brown red lipstick like it for the fall. I can see myself wear this color a lot in the upcoming months plus I already have several different looks in mind for it so stay tuned!

I've noticed that I've been getting a lot of reds lately so I think this will be my last red lippie for awhile, but I don't have anything in my collection that looks like FOD.



I got All Fired Up to give myself a break from all of the red lipsticks I had been get in last few months its different a nice matte hot pink color again I don't have a lipstick like it which is something that I like plus I feel like I can get away with wearing it all the time without it being too bright and in your face.





Overall I'm really happy with the retro mattes and I'm glad they're permanent so I don't feel like I'll need a back up of anything. I think I've found my favorite mac finish. I hope they make it in more colors !

  

No comments:

Post a Comment