Friday, March 14, 2014

MAC Fall 2014 Lipstick Forecast

 I know I know everyone is tired of the fall months and completely over the windy cold days, but guess what it's spring time!

Although this fall weather is completely overrated I couldn't help but get myself ready for next winter. I never knew  MAC made forecast palettes but I glad that they have them because now I can get these to prepare myself for the seasons to come. The Fall 2014 forecast is my first forecast and lipstick palette. I'll be honest and say that I was a little on the fence about getting this because I'm so use to traveling with tubes but after receiving the palette I think the forecast palette is a good way to get a taste of what's to come!   SWATCHES COMING SOON



Colors:


                                                                Close To You (BR) Frost
                                                                Devil Red (BL) Amplified
                                                                Coquettish (MR) Frost
                                                                Crush Cranberry (ML) Amplified
                                                                Dusty Mauve (TR) Frost
                                                                Boysenberry (TL) Amplified

Finishes

Frost: I hardly own any frost lippies so to get these just add some variety to my lipstick collection. One thing that I like about the frost lipsticks is that they very opaque, and creamy although I wouldn't wear them  individually I think they'd work great pair with other colors and liner. I also  think they'd work great pair with the amplified colors. maybe they could be layer over one another to create custom colors.

     Coquettish it's a nice opaque taupe brown and that's it. when I pt this color on my lips I looked as though I've been eating powder donuts, and that's isn't a good look for WOC. I'm personal no t a fan of color that you have to work with in order for it to look decent
     Close To You
     Dusty Mauve


Amplified: This is my second favorite lip finish after retro matte. Like other amp lippies that I've tried these give off great pigmentation along with leaving my lips feeling moisturized and full of luster.

    Crushed Cranberry is definitely my favorite color in the palette you guys know how I love my red lipstick ! it's your typical deep red brown but what I like most about it is that it's an amplified color. I don't have to many of amp lippies so this is something new to me I love the creamy consistency and how the color just leaves my lips looking luscious and vampy.

     Boysenberry I was definitely taken back with this color at first sight this lipstick looks nothing like your typical dark fall lip colors but once applied you'll be overwhelmed by the deep smoke purple . Like CC this lippie is very smooth in consistency and extremely dark and vampy. I actually liked this color more swatched than inside of the pan. It's a new color to me and I don't have anything in my collection similar to it, so that's a plus.

    Devil Red is a beautiful orange tone red but like I've said in previous post OR aren't really my thing color wise. I wouldn't have expected this to be in the palette fall palette I personally think orange tones look great in the summer but I guess this color would look great this upcoming November . Out of all the amps Devil Red is my least favorite just because I'm not to keen on orange reds, but it's still a nice product
 

No comments:

Post a Comment