Monday, December 9, 2013

Be Bold & Daring with Matte BLACK Lipsticks: MAC Haute Core & Firm Form



In these past few winter months my wardrobe has consisted of black black and more black. Although I've been purchasing and wearing tons black I never really thought about translating it into my make up. In the past I've worn black lips as a fun and editorial look but I never wore the look out. after being in cosmetology school for almost a year black had become an everyday color for me. For this look I decided to revisit one of my older creation using my new black matte lipstick from make called Haute Core!

For this look I decided to keep ever thing natural as always focusing on my lips. When doing eye make up on myself I usually go for bronze golden colors, but this time around I'll be using my Naked 2 palette for more cool tone colors .




Eyes :
    Naked 2
Pistol (lid)
Tease (transition)
Snake bite (crease)
Verve (inner corner)
Blackout (outer V)
Foxy (highlight)

maybelline gel liner black

Face :

Coastal Scent Camouflage palette
MUFE Concealer palette #5
Mac MSF Dark


orignal look here


My Thoughts

Haute Core (right) Firm Form (left)

When I found out mac was releasing a matte black lipstick I was overly excited but after receiving the lipstick and trying it out I was in deep disappointment. Although this lippie is smooth in texture it applies very sheer and uneven to the lips. I have to constantly apply the lipstick just to get the desired color pay off that I want not to mention that even after that this color still fade and bleeds. This is one color that I truly recommend that you line your lips with a black liner and also set it with a matte black shadow just to maintain the color. Overall I wouldn't necessarily recommend the color to anyone simple because it's to much of a hassle for the price plus you achieve this look without a black lipstick.

Despite my disappointment with Haute Core I still have Firm Form from the Strength Collection. I happen be very satisfied with this color. Like Haute Core Firm Form is a black matte lipstick, but what I like about this lipstick is that it has golden reflex in it which gives the color some texture causing it to last longer and not bleed. If you missed out on Haute  Core and your able to get your has on it I definately recommend you get this lipstick!

Both lipsticks are limited edition so it might be hard to find either of them so I'll show you how to achieve a black lip without a lipstick

Products Needed:

Black liner pencil
NYX Jumbo pencil in Black Bean
Matte Black Eyeshadow
(I used Black Out from Urban Decay that's my favorite lack shadow)
Clear Gloss (optional for shine)

Procedures:

outline lips with black liner filling in the corners
with a lip brush apply Black Bean to the center of lips
with a shadow brush set your lip color with a matte black eyeshadow for longetivety

And there you have it black lips without the hassle of a lipstick !



No comments:

Post a Comment