Monday, April 27, 2015

Skin Care: Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay (Calcium Bentonite Clay)



From dealing with acne to overly oily skin,and extremely clogged pores. I can easily say I've had a lot of  downs when it comes to my skin . Now that I'm older I've decide to focus more on my skin care regiment. I dealt with acne for all of my teen life and it wasn't until I was in my 20's that I could say I semi-acne free. To have a perfectly flawless face I found myself grabbing for any full coverage foundation w/ a heavy concealer to match. I still have a huge love for make up and I find myself purchasing new product on the regular, but in the last year 1/2 I been shying way from Cake face look. Now and day find myself wearing powders and maybe a lipstick or no make up at all. Yes I said it NONE as a matter of fact I can say for the last six months I've haven't worn make up for about 98% of the time. Scary I know, but a natural face make me feel comfortable. I like my skin and I'm happy with going through my day bare faced but I do have little imperfection that I would like to correct just to have that perfect skin finish.

I've never tried any at home face mask so after seeing one of my favorite instabeauties, @blu_scent rave about the healing clay I decide to run out and snag one from my local whole foods.


FAQ:

1.  Prices

 For starters the Aztec Secrets Indian  Healing Clay fairly inexpensive it retails for $7.99 which in my opinion is great because it makes up to 1lb of clay that leads up to 15 facials and you only need a small amount .

2.  how does the Aztec Secrets Indian  Healing Clay work?

using NON-metallic implements mix 1:1 ratio of your clay with AC Vinegar or water. Apply the mixture to skin and let dry. 5-10min for sensitive skin 15-20min for normal . Cleanse with warm water.

My First Experience

For my first go around with the Bentonite clay  I cleansed my face prior to using the mixture. I didn't read any warning in the directions to not do so I did. I used my Black and white lightening soap just to get rid of any excess oily on my face. Mixing the concoction was a challenge for me because the product does insist on you not using any metal implements I choose to use a wooden stick. I'd suggest using a plastic whisk for an easy blend. The product didn't come with any measuring tools so I kind of eyeballed my mixture using water in a color bowl. After getting the consistency that I wanted I applied clay on my face using my hands. I ended up making to much so applied the leftover clay to my chest. I let the product dry for the full 20minutes. While letting the clay set I did notice a tingly sensation on my face (as stated on the product). It was slightly irritating, but it wasn't something I couldn't withstand it as if the product was sucking all the impurities from my pores as it dried. I also notice the am tightening in my skin as the water evaporated. Once the full 20 minutes elapsed I began to wrinkle my face to release the tightness then I washed away the leftover flakes with a warm wash clothes then I proceeded to remove the excess moisture from my face with a dry towel. Although my face was left smooth and soft after using the Bentonite mask it was a lot drier than normal so to rehydrate it I applied a small amount of virgin coconut oil .  As directed I will continue to use my clay once a week as apart of my regimen. I look forward to seeing smooth and supple skin!





No comments:

Post a Comment